Friday, July 19, 2019

Image and Brand

In order to be anybody, one must have an image and a brand, and everybody wants to be somebody.

This is especially important in those creative fields in which I dwell (in addition to music, I'm also an author of mysteries). I know this because it is reiterated in every article I read on how to be a success in the music biz, and we all want to be successful.

The only problem is I'm old, certainly by music standards, and I don't have a brash PR machine to get the word out. I've whined about the age thing so there's no use in going over that (jerks), but, as we all do, I still feel the need to play along.

We'll start with image, which obviously is how you project yourself to the world at large. Here are a few choices:





The first one obscures the fact that I'm no up and coming young dude. The second accepts that I'm a tad over the hill, but the fake hair makes me appear eternally youthful. Before you laugh at that, note that MANY rock gods from the 60's, 70's, and 80's all seem to have long luxurious hair even though we all know they don't, so no dismissing the wig. The third one, my favorite, is me when I was, in fact, young and good-looking. The only problem is that, like a dating app rendezvous, those who encounter me in real life will be disappointed.

Next.

The brand thing, for me, is fairly simple, here's my music, which I describe as beautiful sad songs that embrace pop, rock, and jazz traditions. Catchy, right?

Since everything depends on it, I've got to nail it.... Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Why is this important? Well, I have a new album coming out on July 26th, Winter:



Obviously, I'd like the world to hear it and love it and praise me and all the rest of that kind of thing and, as the articles advise, I've got to get it all together, man!

Wish me luck.

©2019 David William Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment